Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, August 27, 2010

STEAK DAY

I woke up this morning and I feel like my skin is tight w/excess fluid.  I feel so swollen.  =(  Neck pain or not, I'm getting to Costco as soon as they open and I'm getting stuff for a detox bath.  I also will be doing a steak day today since I got on the scale and was 242.8 lbs  EEEEEEK!!!!!  That's 2.2lbs up from yesterday!  I've been reading up on steak days since I got up this morning.  I guess it can be pretty common in your 1st round to have to do them esp in the 1-2 weeks of maintenence.  It's pretty depressing, but on the other hand I know w/o a shaddow of a doubt my gain has nothing to do w/ what I'm eating.  I'm eating phase 3 foods to the T. 

Please Lord, let tomorrow be a good day!!

ETA:  I am sooooooooooo hungry!! It feels like my stomach is going to turn inside out, dang it!  It's only 2pm........I still have about 4 hrs to go before dinner and my steak.  I went to Costco today and got some stuff for my detox bath.  I also bought 2lbs of filet mignon.  I thought if I have to eat steak (which I don't really care for red meat anyway) it might as well be the best I can get.  I think I'm going to make a garlic/herb compound butter to go on top of it.  HURRY UP 6:00!!!

Dinner: two filet mignons and an apple

I DO NOT LIKE BEEF!!!!!  It was very tender and the 1st few bites were OK......but I was trying not to gag on the last few bites.  UGH!   My feet and ankles are so swollen, reminds me of when I was pregnant.  =(    I read pounds and inches again this afternoon and not only have I been eating too little calories...should be 1500 MINIMUM......but I should be eating lots and lots of protein.  I know for a fact I haven't been doing either one of those things.   It says that patients who don't follow those two rules will gain lots of water weight.  I've read that whole red book like 4 times....and somehow I missed that info.  If I'm not better by tomorrow, I'm going to find the nearest bridge and jump off.  =)

4 comments:

MJC on HCG said...

Boo for steak day!

MJC on HCG said...

Okay I'm interested to know how that steak day went. I didn't realize that you could gain water weight by not eating enough protein either. I'm so glad you're doing this before me. I tried your detox bath last night because my weight loss had definitely slowed down and I was feeling fat last night and it worked. I'm down .8 this morning.

MJC on HCG said...

Oh also I have heard of people who can't stand beef, or who don't eat red meat as a rule using chicken on their steak days. I'm not sure if it's as effective or not, but it might be worth a try if you have to do one again.

hiddenbeauty said...

Yeah I will definitely look into a different option than steak if I ever have to do another dreaded steak day.