Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, August 28, 2010

How much protein??

So I've been researching protein and how much a person needs on a daily basis.  I found a formula that says a person should have 7 grams of protein for every 20lbs.  So for me it would work like this.....

240 lbs  divided by 20 = 12

12 x 7 = 84 grams of protein a day

As I lose weight I can adjust the amount of protein I'll need.   This helps temendously!  Now I don't feel like I'm walking around in the dark trying to figure things out.  I need to go out tomorrow and buy some greek yogurt.  I want to start making smoothies.  I like to take frozen berries, yogurt, vanilla extract, and a sweetener (in this case, stevia) and blend it up.  It's a quick and easy breakfast that's full of healthy fats, protein, and antioxidants.  =)

No comments: