Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Atkins Induction Day 5

I woke up in the middle of the night w/ a terrible headache and sore throat.  This morning my oldest son came to my bedside crying because his head and throat hurt as well.  Sigh   Time to pump in some extra vitamins and water. 
Other than not feeling 100%, things are great. 
This morning I had one of my favorite breakfasts......eggs parmesean.
I take a nonstick skillet and put in about 1/2 tsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of butter.  Then on med heat I throw in 1 clove of minced garlic.  I let the garlic cook about 30 seconds and then I crack on two eggs.  After salting and peppering the eggs, I put on 2-3 TBS of my fav spaghetti sauce, 1 oz of fresh mozzarella and a few shakes of parm cheese.  I put a lid or another larger pan over the skillet and let it cook until the mozzarella is completely melted.  It's truely an amazing flavor explosion. 
Carbs for the day: 5
*UPDATE:  for lunch I deceided to make just a classic low carb coleslaw.  I was going to eat it w/ some chicken strips, but was starting to feel really exhausted (from being sick) so instead I just ate a big bowl of slaw.  The coleslaw was fabulous!1/2 head of cabbage, finely sliced into strips1/8 of a red onion, finely sliced into stripsDressing:1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 packet of splenda
2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp of yellow prepared mustard
a little bit of salt and pepper
Mix the dressing ingredients until well combined and then toss with the cabbage and the onion. 
I was skeptical about adding the onion, but now I'm glad I did.  It really gave it a nice "punch".  This would be perfect along side a burger w/all the fixings wrapping in lettuce.
This recipe makes 5 servings at 1 carb per serving.

2 comments:

Bre said...

That sounds delightful! Sorry you 2 aren't feeling well!

jackie said...

echinacea tea always works for me! a couple drops of lemon drop stevia... mmm