Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Atkins Day 15

I don't know how it happened but I forgot to weigh in today.  Arggg!!!  We were in a hurry to get up and dressed for church that I completely spaced it.  Guess I'll just wait until tomorrow.  Anyhoo, right now I'm trying a new low carb recipe.....almond sugar cookies. 
4 oz of almond flour (or almond meal )
1 egg
1/2 cup splenda
1/2 cup erythritol (or just use 1 cup of splenda)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of almond extract
1/2 stick of softened butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
Mix with an electric mixer until well combined.  Drop spoonfulls of dough onto a cookie sheet covered in parchement paper.  This should make around 9 cookies.  Cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. 
These equal out to about 1 carb per cookie. 
I haven't tried them yet since they're baking.  They sure smell good though!!UPDATE:  ok, so I think this recipe needs to be tweaked a bit.  I think a little more almond flour and a little less sweetener.  Other than that the taste is great!!!!
UPDATE:  Upon further research, this version of the recipe is the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4BrlRgqfIM&feature=related

Ok so for breakfast I just had some coffee.  For lunch I had some tuna on havarti cheese (mmmmmm) and two small apple slices.  For dinner I made a low carb beef stroganoff that was REALLY good.  I used lean ground turkey in place of ground beef just for the pure simple fact that I pretty much hate hamburger.  lol
I served it over noodles for the family and I had a bowl of just the stroganoff.  That is definitely a keeper recipe. 

carbs for the day:  19

So my husband is building these deep heavy duty shelves in our garage for storage.  We want to start stockpiling up beans, rice, lentils, flour, sugar, etc etc.  I'd like about a 6-12 month supply of food for my family.  It's been something I've felt really strongly about for quite a while.  I'm hoping I get to start babysitting again.....it'll help w/ the cost of getting the stockpile started.  I contacted a gal I went to high school with who is a Mormon.  I'd heard from Mia that they have a place where you can buy bulk food items at super low prices.  The great thing is you don't have to be a Mormon to buy the food.  yay!  She gave me the phone number and location of the "cannery".  I'm actually really excited to start putting together my stockpile. 

No comments: