Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Atkins Induction Day 10

Today I feel depressed.  Like deep dark seriously depressed.  I'm pretty sure it's just the surge of hormones due to TOM.  Still sucks.  I don't want to see or talk to anyone today.  If I could lay in bed and just put a pillow over my head I'd be content.  I hope tomorrow is a better day.  I hate feeling like this.  On the other hand, my flu seems to be gone, so that much is good.
I took my daughter out to lunch today.  I got a grilled chicken salad at Sonic.  It was a pretty pathetic salad, esp for $5!  I really need to get my rear to the store and get some more vegetables.   Course that means I need to see and speak to people.  Ugh.  
UPDATE:  I feel bad, I've been avoiding Amanda.  I refused to answer my phone and texts from her today.  As soon as my husband got home from work I left and went shopping.  I needed to get out of the house and away from people who wanted to talk to me.  I about decked 3 different people at walmart, but I was able to pull myself together long enough to walk away.  ;)
Although I didn't "cheat" today, I did go over my 20 carb limit.  I'm thinking I ate around 35-40 carbs.  All things considered that's still really low, but definitely not "induction" low.  Between severe cravings, mood swings and being really really hungery I think I did pretty good.  I bought some Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and I scraped off all the meat, veggies, and cheese and ate that and threw the crusts away.  I had about 6 slices worth of toppings.....ooops.  I also bought some sugar free hazelnut coffee creamer that's beyond nasty.  I hate coffeemate creamer....not sure why I caved and bought it.  Blech! 
I have to babysit tomorrow.  I know this is lame, but I always feel like I need to be dressed w/ hair and makeup done when the kid is dropped off at 7am.  I'm regretting ever saying I'd babysit.  Course at the time I wasn't feeling depressed and anti-social.  I love my kids so very much, but there are days I wish I could just have some peace and quite.  A day without anyone needing to be fed and dressed and their diaper changed.  Sometimes I am jealous of my husband.  He gets to get out of the house, see different faces, talk with other adults, go to lunch w/ his collegues, and sometimes spend the night in a hotel out of town.  I know that many women would love to trade places w/ me so they could stay home w/ their children.  I'm not trying to sound selfish.......there are just days when I could really use a day away.  Away from everyone and everything.  Anyone else ever feel like that?

1 comment:

jackie said...

aww E! I know how you feel, i've been such a sour grape for the past couple of days, anyone who actually knows me that asks what's going on gets an ear full from me... I'm hoping it is just stress, and TOM, but well, could just be i'm an impatient jerk that likes things the way i like them (i personally think it's a happy mixture of the two) I hope you feel better, I still love reading your blog, and honestly i like it when you vent, because then i feel validated in my feelings too! lol hope the funk gets lifted soon!