Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, October 30, 2010

R2 P3 Day #2

Doing great.  I feel really good today.  Although I still have a slight tickle in my throat.....this cold never really evolved into anything major.   Unfortuanately my husband and daughter haven't been as lucky.  I am completely convinced that eating healthy, taking my plethora of vitamins, and drinking lots of water is key to good health.  I am someone who ALWAYS got sick.  At least once a month I'd get a cold and or the flu.  I just thought that was normal.  I haven't really been truely "sick" for about 5 months now and I LOVE it! 

I really wish I had the money to buy all organic food.  The more I research the more I'm convinced it's the only way to go.  I read many articles that talk about that people could afford organic food if they stopped buying lattes and going out to eat all the time.  Well we have pretty much cut all the fat out of our budget as it is.  We go out to eat about once every other month.  We don't buy lattes, we don't have cable or ditigal tv.  I have a cell phone through my parent's "family plan" and my husband just uses his work cell phone.  We don't have any debt, we don't go on vacations, and I buy most of our clothes on crazy discounts or at thrift stores.  So I'm left feeling frustrated that I cannot afford to feed my family foods that I feel are important.  On the other hand we've elminated much of the garbage I used to buy.  I no longer buy chips or processed foods or sodas.  So we've come a long way from just 1 year ago.  Maybe someday organics will be within my reach.  For now I just need to do I can with what we've been given to keep my family healthy.

3 comments:

MJC on HCG said...

When God is ready for you to buy organic food, He will make room in the budget. Don't be frustrated friend!

MJC on HCG said...

Well that comment up there was kind of a joke, but maybe nobody got it? lol.

Unknown said...

I know that things will happen as they're supposed to happen....gosh I wish I had more patience. =) Like......you visiting!!! Why can't you be here right now?