Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Phase 3 Day# 23

I wish I could say I am as strong as my friends with eating and temptations.  I've been battling some issues with my sister.  I'm beyond angry, beyond hurt, and really want to just turn my back on her so I can move on with my life and not think about her poor choices she keeps making.  I ended up eating about a third of a sin dawg to dull the ache inside. (This is a sin dawg in case you're curious) http://bread-and-honey.blogspot.com/2010/04/sin-dawg.html It didn't help.  Food never does.  I didn't gain any weight today, thank goodness.  I'm really struggling today.  I want food in the worst way, even though my brain knows it's not the answer.  Why are food and emotions so linked?  Why can't we be like dogs and eat the same thing every day and not mind?  I really want to end phase 3 on a strong note and not blow it by giving up and eating garbage food.

Oh a happier note......I found an answer to my donut dilema for Friday.  The dilema was this....do I buy maple bars on Thursday so I can have them 1st thing on Friday and risk them tasting stale....or.....do I buy them on Friday and wait until I can get to the store so that they're nice and fresh.  LOL  Who knew life was so difficult? LOL

Here is the answer.  A girlfriend of mine is going to go to starbucks and grab a couple drinks and then swing over to Davis Donuts and pick up the order that I will have called in on Thursday.  She will then deliver the goods to my home around 9:00am.  Hot dog!  We're going to enjoy coffee and donuts and have some much needed girlie gab time. 

Mia I sure wished you lived here!  I think we'd have some fun loading together.  ;)

2 comments:

MJC on HCG said...

Yes we would. A long-distance loading party is never as much fun as a face-to-face gorge-fest, huh?

Sorry about your sis. Call if you need to vent! Or if you want to discuss maple bars.

Bre said...

I am sorry you are having a hard time with your sister. That really stinks. I wish food and sad emotions weren't linked either. Food has always been a comfort thing for me even though it never makes me feel better just worse cuz I ate an entire tub of icecream or bag of cookies. But, we are training our bodies to not want the comfort foods... the brain is just taking more time to come to this realization. You had a little hiccup but it will be okay. : )

Just think about all the good you have done in other's lives. If it wasn't for you Mia and I would probably never have done HCG. I thank you very much for giving me the courage to finally make a step in the right direction to becoming healthy. You truly are in insperation!!!