Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Phase 3 Day# 15

Wow, I have to admit phase 3 is flying by and phase 2 went on for ever and ever and ever!!  haha  
I was over at my parent's house last night and borrowed a couple low carb recipe books.  I found a pumpkin cheesecake recipe that sounded good.  I had some pumpkin puree in the fridge that needed to be used up anyway.  It must've been a sign. 

I had a sliver just a little bit ago.  Cheesecake really needs to be thoroughly chilled before consumption for best taste and texture, but I was impatient.  shocker

It was pretty tasty!  I did put a dollop of cool whip on top.  I should've probably made my own whipped cream but I had an open container of cool whip and chose to take the lazy route.  I had about 1 T which is about 12.5 calories and just a hint of sugar.  I won't lose sleep over that.  =)

Low Carb Sugar Free Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients:
butter
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese softened
1/2 to 3/4 C Splenda
2 tsp vanilla
1  1/2 cups of pure canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1  1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt

1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

2.  Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 1/2 inch springform cheesecake pan.  Sprinkle the bottom of the pan w/ the chopped pecans, distributing evenly.

3.  In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, splenda, and vanilla until fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl and beaters.

4.  Add the pumpkin and sour cream, mixing thoroughly on medium speed.  Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each one.  Mix in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.

5.  Pour the batter over the nuts in the pan.  Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a knife placed in the center comes out clean.  Cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Yield: 12 servings, each with 7 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 6 grams of protein.

2 comments:

MJC on HCG said...

Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to try this. Thanks so much for the recipe!

hiddenbeauty said...

I had another teeny tiny sliver w/ breakfast.....it was much better today now that it's chilled. Yumm!! It's kind of a cross between pumpkin pie and cheesecake. I'll definitely be making this for a dessert during the holidays.