Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today is the day!

I start taking my hcg today, yay!!!!! Honestly I wish I could skip the loading part. I'm so ready to lose some more weight. Saturday is my 1st VLCD so Sunday will be my 1st weigh in.

My girlfriend Amanda has been able to stay within her 2 lb cushion and she's almost done w/ her 1st trimester. I told her NOT to worry about her weight now that she's pregnant. She's being really good though. She mainly eats phase 3 foods in moderate amounts and has been able to maintain. Her husband just finished 4 of his 6 weeks on hcg and has already lost 40 lbs! He's within 15 lbs of his goal weight. OH TO BE A MAN!! He also has convinced a bunch of men he works with to start the diet as well. They're all amazed that such a big guy (6'1") can eat 500 cal and not feel hungry or deprived. I love it!!

I keep hearing people say, ANYONE can lose weight if they're eating 500 calories a day and that hcg hasn't been proved to help in weight loss. They're half right, yes anyone will lose weight of 500 calories. The difference is, when you're taking hcg your body loses only abnormal fat and your appetite is supressed. Eating 500 calories a day w/o hcg will cause you to lose abnormal fat, essential fat, and muscle. Plus you will feel crazy amounts of hunger.

Last night we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory. I'd never been there before. It was delicious but my body is definitely not used to eating pasta. I made a batch of muddy buddies to have and plan on dipping strawberries in chocolate for dessert tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful day♥

1 comment:

jackie said...

yum erica... yum! and omg... how did i miss that amanda is PREGNANT!?!