Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Round 4 VLCD #2 1st weigh in

I woke up to a 2.8 lb loss this morning. =) I slept pretty good and woke up feeling great. I'm making a gallon of iced tea. Yumm! I don't really like coffee when all I can put in it is stevia, but I do love unsweetened iced tea. So I will drink some of that daily as a bit of a "treat".

Today I'm going to try a new recipe for lunch. I'm going to take my 3.5 oz chicken breast and pound it nice and thin w/ a mallet. Then I'm going to dip it in egg white and then into a melba toast that's been pulverized into a powder and seasoned w/ garlic and onion powder, sea salt and pepper. Then I'm going to cook that in a non-stick skillet w/ 1/2 tsp of coconut oil. Then I'm going to make an Italian tomato sauce w/ 1 TBS of tomato paste thinned w/ a 1/2 cup of fat free chicken broth and seasoned w/ garlic, onion, salt, pepper and italian seasonings. I'll go ahead and serve the sauce over the chicken and have a nice side salad drizzled w/ a garlic red wine vinegar. Dinner will either be another bowl of asparagus soup or the chinese dish I made yesterday for lunch.

Have a wonderful day ladies! Whatever diet or weight loss program your on, don't think of it as punishment for being overweight, think of it as a chance to be pruned and grow from being disciplined. ♥


UPDATE:

Lunch was delicious. My tummy was so full afterwards that I was in pain. Now, 3 hrs later, I'm getting hungry again. I want to hold off and eat dinner at 6pm otherwise I get too hungry before bed and I don't want to be tempted to cheat. I'm by no means "starving" but am feeling that quietly annoying hunger that is just strong enough to make me think about food every 3.7 seconds. Once I get a good week of hcg under my belt pretty much all hunger goes away, which is nice. We took the kids on a 2 mile hike this afternoon. I packed up a cooler with all sorts of yummy snacks. Goldfish crackers, granola bars, apples, carrots, pb and honey sandwiches. Mmmmm it all looked so good! I ate my lunch before we left, so I just sipped on my water and chewed my gum. Weekends are always harder for me than weekdays. I cook a lot more on the weekends, and it's hard cooking and preparing food I cannot have. You'd think this being my 4th round that I'd be used to it. Apparently I'm not. I was looking at the calander and realized I'll be on hcg during my anniversary and during Easter. booooo
It's hard for me to comprehend celebrating w/ family w/o eating lots of delicious foods. Life isn't about food, but dang it, it sure feels like it sometimes. ;)

UPDATE: I am simmering another bowl of chicken and asparagus soup. I have about 60 extra calories I can eat today so I threw in some chopped onion, celery and cabbage to help make the soup more filling. I will definitely have another strawberry and lemon sorbet tonight. ♥

1 comment:

Bre said...

Those sound like delicious meals Erica! Congrats on your losses too!