Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, March 11, 2011

FINISHED!

I just put the finishing touches on my daughter's cake. I had a teeny bit of trouble w/ the fondant and used some of the decorations to cover the imperfections. Overall I'm thrilled with how it all turned out. I sooo wish I could go to school to really learn about cakes. For me it's all trial and error. I do lots and lots of research and watch youtube tutorials, but it would be nice to get some actual schooling in. Maybe someday. In the mean time I'll keep learning what I can and keep practicing on my children's birthday cakes. Here is the finished product.

Photobucket

4 comments:

MJC on HCG said...

It's just beautiful E! I think you make cakes every bit as good as if you HAD gone to school. Now where is that FB page we talked about?

Bre said...

It looks wonderful! Michaels has Wilton cake classes (at least in Phoenix) but it might be something to look into! : )

jackie said...

i think it looks amazing! your baby (big girl) is gonna be soo happy!

hiddenbeauty said...

Thank you girlies!!♥ I think I will look into the Wilton classes, Bre. There are so many techniques I still need to learn.