Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cake

So today is my baby girls 4th birthday. I know so many people say this, but I can't believe how fast time is going by. It's bittersweet with Sarah because she's my baby. She was my inspiration to get fit and healthy from the get go. I didn't want my daughter to think it was ok to give up on life and be heavy like her mom. I wanted to show her that hard work and diligence pays off and that she can achieve any goal. I'm proud to be 50 lbs lighter that I was on her last birthday. By her 5th birthday I will be slim and healthy and will do my best to be the role model she deserves.

Today I'll be baking her birthday cake. It's a homemade strawberry cake. I will freeze the layers (i've heard it really enhances the flavors when you do this). Friday I will build the cake and frost it w/ vanilla bean buttercream and then with marshmallow fondant. I always try and make an awesome cake as a gift for my children on their birthdays. I know my husband sees it as a huge waste of time when i could go out and buy a decorated cake for $15. I view it as a labor of love. I enjoy the work and time it takes to put their cakes together. I get so much joy seeing their little faces light up. I'm excited to put this cake all together and watch my daughter blow her candles out.

Happy birthday, my sweet child!!♥

3 comments:

Bre said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!

How is Hello Kitty turning out? I want to see pics of the cake once its all together!

MJC on HCG said...

I agree with making your own cake. As they get older, your kids will always remember that Momma made their cakes, and you will eventually be making birthday cakes for your grandchildren. My step-mom used to make whatever kind of cake we wanted for our birthdays, and I have fond memories of that, and now I always let my kids pick out their own kind of cake because I remember how special it felt to have my mom make my cakes for me.

hiddenbeauty said...

Hello Kitty is turning out pretty good. I'm happy with her so far. I will definitely be taking lots of pictures. I like to try and document my cakes. I learn so much with each one.

Mia I agree with you too. My mom and sometimes my grandmother would be in charge of birthday cakes and we always got to pick the cake and icing flavors. A few times I chose to have a store bought cake because I love buttercream icing and no one in my family knew how to make it. ;)