Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, March 10, 2011

blahhhhh

Today was a very long, very exhausting day. I've been babysitting for a friend of mine a few times a week. I greatly dislike babysitting, but she was desperate for someone to watch her son and I was interested in making a little extra cash. I told her a few days ago that I would watch her son through June and then I was done. (in a nice way of course) Anyway she took the news well and has started looking at different daycares in the area. It felt good to stand up and tell her what I wanted. I'm usually the person that gets too afraid to tell people what I want or what my limits are. Since a child I've let people trample all over me. I feel like I'm starting to grow up. lol

So today I babysat all morning until 3:40pm. I also worked on my daughters cake off and on. I also did a bunch of household chores and took my youngest son to school. Hebron has been complaining about his throat hurting the last couple of days and this morning he cried when he was eating breakfast saying his tongue hurt. I called his Dr. who told me to come in at 4:00pm. So the kids got off the school bus, my friend came and picked up her son, then I had to get 3 kids in the van and drive out to hayden to see this dr all in barely over 15 min. It was insanity. The dr. does strep test and low and behold Hebron STILL FREAKING HAS STREP THROAT! This time the Dr. writes a perscription for a stronger medication that he'll have to take twice a day for 2 whole weeks. Then I drive to Costco and turn in the perscription. They tell me it'll be a 25 min wait. The kids are hungry and tired and DO NOT want to be walking around Costco waiting for a perscription. After 25 min we head back to the pharmacy and wait in a huge ass line. Finally it's our turn and they tell us they're out of the medication and that they called other local pharmacies who are also out of the perscription but that it will be in tomorrow at 10am. AND AND AND they tell me it was going to cost $75 on top of the $85 I just spent seeing the Dr again. So we leave and get home well after dinner and I have to come up with something on the fly. Hubby starts to unload on me all about his craptastic day. Appartently his boss from Seattle is in town and handed Benjamin his ass on a platter. What a day. After dinner I cleaned up, got the kids ready for bed, put the kids to bed, took a shower and then dirty iced my cakes, and covered both tiers in marshmallow fondant. Tomorrow I need to make the rest of my ribbons, bows, and flowers so I can put the entire cake together Saturday morning.

I apologize for my boring second by second recount of the day, I'm just tired and mentally DRAINED! Tomorrow is another full day of babysitting, going to costco, playing with cake stuff, and cleaning my house so it's ready for a houseful of guests come Saturday. Calgon, take me away!!!

2 comments:

MJC on HCG said...

Hopefully a nice night of sleep helped you feel better. I understand how hard the babysitting thing is - when I did daycare for almost 3 years I just got tired of the parents assuming that since I was already home, it was okay to stop by the store on the way home and do their shopping alone since I didn't have anywhere to be, or they'd show up early, OR late (which is just as irritating). It's hard being on-call for people who don't appreciate how much work it is to take care of their children.

Sorry about Hebron's strep but I'm really glad you took him back in and found it.

Hang in there pal. If you need to call today to just unload, you can call me. I will be at work, but my boss will be gone so it will be okay for me to talk.

jackie said...

Hey Erica, you are a fantastic person, and sometimes bad days happen to awesome people, I thought your blog was neither whiney or boring! Sounds like a long stress filled day, on top of other stressful days, your cake will look beautiful, and I hope you have a good day, sorry if this doesn't make sense, blogging from my phone is no where near as fast as typing on the computer, just know I don't even know you and I think you are amazing! Have a kick heiny day!