Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today is the notorious day of love.  My husband is out of town today and will be gone for most of this week.  Although even if he was home, we don't really celebrate Vday.  He likes to show his love for me randomly, when I will least expect it, not when a date on the calendar tells him too.  When we 1st got married I was so hurt and offended, but now it doesn't really bother me at all.  I hope that doesn't sound bad, but I totally get his thinking on the matter.  I actually caught him looking at flower bouquets online and I told him to please not get me any flowers.  I don't like flowers.  Well, I do like flowers....free flowers.....but I cannot understand the need to spend tons of money on a plant that will only look nice for a few days.  No thank you!  I also can't stand gifts of jewelry.  Ugh!  I see these women who boast about the diamonds they get for Christmas, birthdays, Vday and I can't help think WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!  I refuse to let my husband buy me a diamond wedding ring.  I just wanted a nice band with a CZ.  No one can tell the difference and if for some reason it gets lost or stolen or whatever, I won't have to FREAK OUT.  For anyone who has read the 5 love languages, my love gift is Time.  I'd much rather spend the day with my husband going for a walk, sipping on a latte and just talking than ever get flowers or jewelry.  Am I weird?  I guess for me it's like for someone to give up their time for me seems much more valuable than buying a gift and throwing it in my direction.  (stepping off the soapbox now)

Since he's gone today I think the kiddos and I will decorate sugar cookies when they get home from school.  Holidays are so fun, esp when you're a kid. 

Anyhoo, today Amanda starts Phase 3 and she's excited to be able to drink a sugar free starbucks latte. 
I'm going to enjoy a little bit of non atkins friendly food today and hit induction hard tomorrow until I take amanda to the melting pot in March. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!♥

No comments: