Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, February 20, 2011

drowning in laundry detergent

Ha, so I'm REALLY drowning in liquid laundry detergent!  I saw on slickdeals.net last week that RiteAid was having a sale on Xtra liquid detergent.  It's on sale for $1.97 a bottle.  There are also coupons out there for $1 off any bottle of Xtra.  So I went on ebay and bought 20 coupons for $2 and went to RiteAid today and got 20 bottles of laundry detergent.  Although the bottles say they do 44 loads, I get more like 35 loads out of them.  So for $28 (cost of coupons and 20 bottles of detergent plus tax) I'll have enough detergent to do 700 loads of laundry at roughly .04 per load.  On average we do about 4 loads per week.  I won't have to buy laundry detergent for at least 3 1/2 years.  lol   LOVE IT!

I finally got around to making that sugar free lemon cheesecake today.  I also made a sugar free lemon curd to put over the cheesecake.  I tasted the lemon curd after it was done and I honestly could not tell it wasn't made with real sugar.  I used a mixture of splenda and erythritol.  The cheesecake is still cooling, so I haven't had a chance to taste it yet.   I hate eating cheesecake when it hasn't had sufficient time to cool properly.  The texture is all wrong if you eat it too soon.  I think I'll try a slice tomorrow after lunch. 

Well it's time to put my kiddos to bed.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend. ♥

1 comment:

Bre said...

That is alot of laundry soap! You are the queen of deals girl! Yum... cheesecake! Let me know how it is and the recipe if it turns out good!