Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

scarlet fever

I took my son, Hebron, to the Dr. yesterday thinking he might have scarlet fever.  Turns out I was correct.  He'll be taking this whole week off of school since he's contageous.  I am hoping and praying that this is the last of the sickness!  I am soooo tired of dealing w/ sick kids, a sick hubby, and being sick myself.  I'M DONE! 

Bad news on the sugar free lemon curd.  The erythritol ended up sugaring or crystalizing.  So it ended up being grainy w/ little bits of crunchy "sugar" throughout the curd.  Boooo!  I did some research and saw that it can have the tendency to do that sometimes in certain recipes.  Oh well.  The cheesecake never did that.  It's still super smooth and creamy.  I ended up taking a couple tablespoons of Smuckers brand of All Fruit (jam made w/ only fruit and fruit juice) and melted that in the microwave w/ a tiny bit of water and made a strawberry sauce.  I drizzled that over a slice of cheesecake last night and it was devine!  It was so light and refreshing and reminded me of summer.  mmmmm

I pulled a pair of jeans out of the dryer and put them on yesterday and they fit perfectly......I can't get over how awesome that is.  For soo many years whenever I put freshly washed and dryed jeans on they were always tight and uncomfortable.  It made me smile yesterday to not have to deal with that.  =)  I feel like the weight I've lost is a true weight loss since it's been stable for 3 months.  4 1/2 more weeks and then I'll be starting hcg again....I can't wait! 

My sister has a picture of herself in a cute black and white dress w/ a bright pink sash on facebook.  It's an adorable dress.  I called my sister and she said I could borrow it anytime.  It's a size 12.  I'm currently a size 16.  I'm confident that by summer that dress will be finding itself on my body.  YAY!!!! 

No comments: