Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, April 4, 2011

Treadmill, bodybugg, five finger shoes......

So we kind of jimmy rigged the metal bar my husband broke and can use the treadmill as long as I'm careful to only hold onto the side bars if need be. His apoxy glue didn't work, so I need to order a new cross bar. It's $50 for this little metal bar. Booo!!!!!! I did my 1st workout last night and realized I have so very little endurance. I think I'm going to start my " couch to 5K" training today.

I'm loving my bodybugg. It's been fun to see where I'm burning the most calories. It really keeps me motivated to move more. I'm also enjoying how it helps me with my food choices. Yesterday I burned a little more than 3000 calories through a 24 hr period. I ate about 2000 calories. I don't feel deprived what so ever. I realize that as I lose weight, my body won't burn as many calories as I currently do. I'm eating good healthy foods. Eggs and organic whole grain toast for breakfast, coffee w/ cream and erythritol to sip on.....cheese, lean meats, quinoa, brown rice etc etc. It's awesome!

I've seen these shoes off and on for the last 2 years or so. five finger shoes Pictures, Images and Photos

They supposedly are really good for your feet. They strengthen the arches, muscles and tendons in the foot. They mimic barefeet. Anyway, hubby and I are considering getting a pair to use while on the treadmill. I don't think I could wear them in public because they're so gosh darn ugly. lol

Well I'm off.....time to get a morning workout in. =)

2 comments:

Bre said...

OMG! A guy at my gym has them! They are completely ugly and at the same time a statement piece for sure!

I am glad you can use the treadmill until your replacement piece arrives!

MJC on HCG said...

You know what E? I still burn between 2500-3000 cals a day even though I've lost a lot of weight. The more weight I lost, the higher my energy levels and the more calories I burn. I'm eating a 2000 calorie "diet" right now and making sure that I burn at least 2500 (I'm only on a 1 lb. a week program). I think it is true that you burn less calories when you lose weight, but I definitely noticed a big increase in my energy since losing weight.