Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, April 2, 2011

hubby broke the treadmill !!!

So hubby and I put the treadmill together this morning. I was so excited I could hardly keep myself from jumping up and down and squealing. We got 1/2 of it put together and hauled it up two flights of stairs into our computer/play room. As hubby was putting on one of the final pieces it all went downhill. There was a black metal bar that had these stickers placed in a very specific area with very specific instructions. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN SCREWS. DO NOT USE POWER TOOLS. So I point this out to my husband to make sure he understood. He grabs his hand held screw driver and starts to tighten and tighten and tighten the screws. I tell him that they sure look tight enough and that he'd better stop. He looked at me and said, it's almost impossible to overtighten screws with just your hand. Literally he finished his sentence when there was a really loud SNAP and the bar broke in half. Now if our roles had been reversed he would've yelled and screamed at me for being so stupid. I on the other hand didn't say a word. Not one single sound came from my lips. Instead he started yelling at me how the treadmill was a piece of crap, how it wasn't his fault, and on and on and on. So he's trying to fix this metal bar w/ some sort of apoxy glue of his. If that doesn't work, we'll have to order the part. I'm SOOOOO bummed!!!!!

I've had fun using my bodybugg today. I've been entering in all my food so I can keep on top of my calories and I've been watching the amount of calories I've been burning. It really does motivate me to move around more than normal just because I know it's keeping track. lol

I made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls this evening. Our neighbor's son came over and took a chain saw to the rest of the cherry tree in our backyard. As a thankyou I'll be sending over a plate of cinnamon rolls. I entered in the cinnamon rolls in the bodybugg info and have enough calories left over for today that I'll be able to enjoy a small one after i put the kids to bed. Yay!

3 comments:

Bree said...

Oh my gosh Erika, our hubby's sound the same. It's always my fault. What a bunch of babies. =)

hiddenbeauty said...

lol what a bunch of babies indeed!

MJC on HCG said...

Is it okay to laugh about this now? I know it wasn't funny when it happened, but I'm hoping enough time has passed that I'm allowed to laugh that you got yelled at when your hubs messed up. It happens to all of us I think. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (unless it's too soon for laughing, then what I really mean is Waaaaaaah booohooooo!).