Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Red Hat Cake!

So I worked off and on yesterday on the cake. I had a few "oopsie" moments, but overall I was able to fix my mistakes and or hide them really well. ;)

Here are a few pictures. One is of the finished cake and the other two are after I added a saying the customer requested for her mom. Of course I look at the cake and see all my imperfections. Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. I'm excited to be learning new techniques......can't wait to learn topsy turvy cakes.

I didn't eat so well today. I had a slice of cold chicken jalapeno pizza for breakfast, a turkey wrap for lunch, a starbucks mocha for a snack and a bowl of beef ramen soup for dinner. Tomorrow I promise to be much better. I was just so tired after babysitting and cake making I got lazy. (hides face)

I'm off to bed, but wanted to share some pics of my finished cake. G'night!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bre said...

I love it!

I want to learn topsy turvy cakes! Are you taking a class? We didn't learn them in school. : (

hiddenbeauty said...

No, I'm not taking a class. I've watched several youtube tutorials on topsy turvy cakes and have read how to do them. I would love to take some cake classes but don't ever seem to have the time when they're offered. The gal that teaches the classes at NIC and Michaels will come to your house and teach you whatever you want. I really need to give her a call. Amanda wants a topsy turvy Alice in Wonderland inspired cake for her BABY shower! EEEK! I think her shower is going to be at the end of August, so I have some time to play and learn some more before I have to try my hand at that monster.