Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, April 15, 2011

feeling frustrated

I don't know what's the matter w/ me. I feel really frustrated and angry. It seems everyone and everything is just irritating me. It takes all my effort not to open my mouth and just tell everyone exactly what I think about them. yikes! I feel like I'm being pulled in a million directions. I'm a mom and have tons of responibilities w/ the kids. My husband comes home from work and expects the bills to be paid, our checkbook balanced at all times, all chores completed and dinner on the table. I start my day at 5:30am and I hit the ground running. I make the kids breakfast, get them ready for school, grocery shop, cook clean, help the kids w/ their homework, pay all the bills, get the kids bathed and ready for bed, etc etc etc. He basically just goes to work and comes home and relaxes. I don't stop working until the kids are in bed which is about 8:30pm. I'm tired. I feel like I have no identity left. I also feel like I get zero appreciation for what I do. I am human and am far from perfect. Last night my husband went into a rage because there were wet clothes in the washing machine. Ummmm did he not notice that the clothes were washing when he got home from work? They'd been in the washer about 90 minutes. He assumed they'd been in there for days. SERIOUSLY?! I have SOO many things I have to stay on top of. Even if they had been in there for a couple days, can I get a little bit of slack, PLEASE?! I have a million things I'm trying to stay on top of.....I wish he'd understand that. He thinks me making cakes is a waste of my time and it's just a pain in his side because it takes me away from my household duties. When do I ever do anything for myself? Making cakes let me be creative, lets me escape from the dullness of day to day life. I dunno......i'm just really frustrated and feeling completely unappreciated. I showed my husband my most recent cake (he was out of town when I made it) and all he did was barely look at the picture and say, "that's nice.....but isn't this part over here a little crooked?"." Sigh....
I need a vacation. Away from kids and away from the husband.

2 comments:

Bre said...

Im sorry Erica. I am sorry he doesn't appriciate all you do for your family! Tell him he can be you for a day and see how he does at everything you do on a daily basis.

MJC on HCG said...

It's only 180 roundtrip to come to Denver for a weekend you know...just sayin'.