Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I celebrated Mother's Day with my mom on Saturday. I had my parents over for dinner. I grilled up salmon that had been marinating in fresh garlic, dill, lemon juice, olive oil and a little salt and pepper. We also had roasted asparagus and a lovely salad topped w/ sliced fresh strawberries, slivered red onions tossed w/ a blush wine vinegrette. For dessert I brought out cake and ice cream. This cake was a white vanilla cake, raspberry filling and a vanilla buttercream. It all so delicious. We had a lovely time visiting and having a meal together. Here is a picture of my mother's cake.

Photobucket

I really wanted a simple yet elegant look. The swirls were meant to look somewhat floral. I used two tones of buttercream to deepen the visual effect. Mom loved it and that made my day.♥

Yesterday my hubby let me sleep in while he made the kiddos homemade waffles. Then we went to Fred Meyer to get some good grocery deals. While there we saw some beautiful art work that we both loved. We bought 3 huge pictures. It felt sooo good to get some color on the walls. We've lived in our house about a year now and really hadn't put anything up. It's really starting to coming together, I love it!

Today I will be start working on my two cakes. I plan on making a rainbow colored loop bow out of gum paste and a few other decorations. I have a bunch of running around to do. I can't believe how fast I'm going through powered sugar! lol

I've been eating very healthy the last several days and it feels great. I plan on starting up my couch to 5K training this evening. I'm determined to be able to run a 5K by this summer.

Hope you all have a lovely day.