Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Make up your freaking mind.......

I've been so busy the last few days!! It's only going to get more crazy since I babysit today through Friday. My husband is out of town on business again. I have a cake due tomorrow and another one due on Saturday. I have to take my oldest to Karate today, but am not sure if I can handle sitting in that teeny tiny room w/ my two spastic children for an hour. I couldn't sleep last night due to taking a couple excederine to get my migrane to go away. Needless to say I was up till 12:30 am baking up my colorful cake layers. I baked up a red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple 9" layers. Today I will level them, dirty ice them, and covered everything in the lime green fondant. I made my rainbow colored gum paste bow yesterday and I think it turned out pretty cute. I've tried a few different buttercream icings and I think I've finally settled on one that everyone likes that best. What a difference it makes using the right kind of shortening!!

Today I will bake up the cake layers for the electric guitar cake and start making all the little knobs and buttons w/ gum paste. I'm a litte nervous about this cake......I've never had to carve a cake before and this one I'll be using some techniques I've never attempted. Good thing it's for one of my best friends. She is super easy going and said that as long as it even looks remotely like her son's guitar he's going to be thrilled....still I want to do the best I can.

I think I'm going to go ahead and do a 6 week round of hcg starting this following Monday. I'm just not losing the weight I want for the upcoming wedding. I've been sooooo busy I haven't had sufficient time to workout the way I was hoping I could. I still get in my workouts here and there, but definitely not as often as I should. I'd like to get a 6 week round in and have my 3 weeks of phase 3 before we go to Boise for the wedding. If I start on Monday, I'll be just going into phase 4 by the time we leave. I know my husband wanted me to lay off the hcg and just do diet and exercise but with all that's been going on there is no way I'll be able to fit into anything remotely cute if I don't lose another 20-30 lbs. He's just going to have to deal with the inconvenience. I need to do this for me.

Hope you all are doing well......I wouldn't know because hardly anyone blogs anymore. *wink *wink =)

4 comments:

jackie said...

aw E, that is BEAUTIFUL! you're amazing! pretty soon you're going to have a food network show... or tlc... what a happy blend that would be...

hiddenbeauty said...

Thanks Jackie! =)

Bre said...

Lol. I wanted to blog but the blogger has been "unavaliable" for 2 days! But now I can!

Good luck with the guitar cake. Craving cakes is interesting to say the least... my advice is to cut slowly and make little cuts but you can always smooch some cuttings into any spots that need it. : ) It makes a huge mess too. I remember our carving day at school! Cake EVERYWHERE including in the tread of shoes and tracked all over the room! Have fun my friend. Your cakes are wonderful!

hiddenbeauty said...

Yes, it was a HUUUUUGE mess!!! I had a couple moments where I was so frustrated I just wanted to throw the cake on the floor and stomp it to death. lol Thanks Bre!!