Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Load Day #1

Well I just started the HCG protocol diet and I wanted a way to keep track of my progress, feelings, etc. Today is the very 1st day of the diet. You're supposed to "load" up on fattening foods for two days while taking the HCG drops under your tongue. After two days you then switch to just 500 calories a day from lean meat, fruit, vegetables. You continue the drops and the 500 calories for 43 days, then you quit the drops and start eating 1600-2000 calories a day. You continue doing that for 6 weeks and can then start again on the drops. I've been reading about this diet for a few days now and it seems like people have an amazing amount of success.

As of today I weigh 264lbs. I highly suspect by the end of the two load days I'll have put on at least a few more lbs.

Here are my current stats:

5'8"
30 yrs old
264 lbs

I plan on taking my measurements in a bit.

I'm a mom of 3 kids and have been married for 8 years. I have been heavy since I was in 3rd grade. I was always just a little bit pudgy...not really fat. After high school I really started packing on the lbs. I don't know exactly what weight I was because I didn't own a scale. I couldn't buy jeans in regular dept stores and instead started buying mens jeans. I refused to buy clothes from a plus sized store. Once I hit my peak I got hired at The Home Depot. I worked in the flooring dept. I was shocked at how much physical exercise I got while working there. I started to slim down within just a few short weeks. Soon after that I severly twisted my ankle on some stairs and had to use crutches for several weeks. I couldn't drive, so going to fast food joints stopped completely. Once my foot had healed I had dropped another 25lbs. It was then that I deceided to go to the extreame. I wouldn't eat anything for days, I drank about a gallon of water a day and worked out for a minumum of 2 hrs a day. Within a few months I had gotten down to 159lbs. I slowly started eating more normal and cutting back on the exercise. I was able to maintain my weight easily for 3 years. Once I became pregnant everything changed. I gained 60 lbs with my first pregnancy, 25 more with my second, and another 30lbs with my 3rd.

I joined a gym, hired a personal trainer and did exactly what he told me to do for 3 solid months. I ate about 1500 calories a day and only drank water for my beverages. I lost about 8 lbs. I was soooo discouraged!!! How can a girl that's that close to 300lbs not lose more weight than that?!?!

The next year we moved to another town. I joined that gym and started attending water classes. I took water aerobics, water cardio, and water kickboxing. Each class was 60 minues. In addition to taking 8 classes a week, I also swam laps in the pool for a couple hrs total each week. I kept my calories at 1500 only eating meat, vegetables, fruit, and whole grains. After 4 months, I lost about 12 lbs. Again I felt completely defeted. Within a couple weeks of quitting the gym I gained back everything I lost.

I am at a loss as to why I am having such a hard time losing weight. We eat out about twice a month. I drink 1-2 sodas a month. I make fresh food that's mostly healthy because I want my children to grow up with good eating habits.

I am so excited to see if this diet works for me. I have yet to come across someone who has done the diet the way it is written and not seen phenominal success.

No comments: